What To Consider When Purchasing A New Garage Door
Below is a list of essential questions to ask yourself to ensure that you select the best garage door that fits your needs and budget
Determining the size of the garage door you’ll need depends on the size of your garage opening. To measure the opening, you’ll need to measure the width and height of the garage door opening in feet and inches. Be sure to measure at the widest point to ensure that the door will fit properly. Standard garage door sizes typically range from 8 to 18 feet wide and 7 to 8 feet tall, but custom sizes are also available. It’s important to choose the right size door to ensure that it functions properly and provides adequate clearance for vehicles and other equipment. A professional garage door installer can help you determine the right size for your specific needs.
Consider the size of your garage and the number of vehicles you have when deciding how many garage doors to install. This ensures you have adequate access and security. Consulting with a professional garage door installer can also help you determine the optimal number of doors for your specific needs.
Explore our color options for steel doors by clicking here. Depending on the type of door you choose, you may have a wide range of other colors available. For example, wood doors can be painted in virtually any color or stained to achieve a specific look.
Adding windows to your garage door is a great way to enhance the look and functionality of your garage. Windows provide natural light, which can make your garage feel brighter and more welcoming.
They can also add aesthetic value to your home, improving your curb appeal. However, if privacy or security is a concern, we offer options like frosted or tinted glass, as well as vinyl inserts, which provide natural light while still maintaining privacy.
Ultimately, the decision to add windows is up to you and your preferences, and we’re here to help guide you towards the best option for your needs.
We offer four different insulation options for your garage door, each with its own benefits and price point:
No Insulation (budget-friendly) $
2in Vinyl Back Insulation (best value) $$
Sandwich Door with Polystyrene Insulation (Better) $$$
Sandwich Door with Polyurethane Insulation (Best) $$
If your garage is attached to your home, we strongly recommend opting for at least the 2in Vinyl Back Insulation option. This will provide moderate insulation and noise reduction without breaking the bank. For those looking for even greater insulation and noise reduction, our Sandwich Door options with Polystyrene and Polyurethane Insulation are both excellent choices.
- Is battery backup important? If you lose power, your automatic garage will still function
- Belt drives help to reduce noise, however, a chain drive will hold up better especially on larger doors
- DC operators are much quieter than their AC power counterparts. The slow start/stop feature will also help extend the life of your door
- We offer Chamberlain/Liftmaster openers with extended warranties. Our most popular option is the Liftmaster 81600
- All of our residential Liftmaster openers come with MyQ WiFi capabilities
- Some doors are available for next-day installation, however, most are not. We suggest ordering your door at least 2-3 weeks in advance if possible. Expect 6-8 weeks for custom colors and odd sizes.
When it comes to purchasing a new garage door, we understand that budget is an important consideration. At Tier1 Garage Doors, we offer a wide range of options at various price points to accommodate different budgets. Our team can work with you to find a garage door solution that fits your needs and budget, whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or a higher-end, premium product. Let us know your budget, and we’ll work with you to find the best garage door solution for your home.
- Custom track (low headroom or high lift for overhead clearance)
- High-cycle torsion springs with extended warranties – standard torsion springs are rated for 10k cycles. 20k, 50k, and 100k cycle springs are available for most doors
- Quiet safety package to allow for smoother operation – Nylon bearing rollers, wider drums, and DC-powered operator make a big difference in volume
- Garage Door Rodent Guard – prevents squirrels, mice, and other rodents from chewing under the garage door
Got A Question?
We’ve got answers! Fill out the form and a team member will reach out shortly.
Prefer to speak with someone now? Give us a call at (770) 718-7657